Associate Department Chair and Associate Professor
Research and Special Interests:
Bilingual counseling; culture; terror management theory; existentialism; counseling with Spanish-speaking immigrants; wellness.
- Ph.D. in Counseling and Counselor Education, UNC-Greensboro, 2009
- MA in Counseling, Wake Forest University, 2006
- BS in Psychology, Brigham Young University, 2003
- AAS in Psychology, Ricks College, 2000
- Part-time private practitioner, Winston-Salem, NC, 2009-2010
- PRN bilingual alcohol counselor, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC, 2009-2010
- Part-time bilingual counselor, Host Homes of Catholic Social Services, Winston-Salem, NC, 2008-2009
Enjoy spending time with family, playing and watching sports, and reading.